The American University of Technology is looking for an “Internal Auditor”.
The duties and responsibilities of an Internal Auditor are many, summarized as follows:
a. Evaluates financial documents for accuracy.
b. Identifies lack of compliance with national and/or international standards related to financial statements.
c. Makes sure that all financial statements raised to the University President are accurate and have been signed & counter signed by the appropriate signatures.
d. Makes sure that all financial transactions comply with government rules & regulations.
e. Makes sure that all financial statements sent to the External Auditor are correct and in accordance with national and international standards.
f. Identifies the financial risk of the University and suggests recommendations in this regard.
g. Attends all meetings related to financial planning and /or expenditure and makes sure that proper financial and purchasing procedures are well adhered to.
h. Makes sure that all relevant MOHE directives are adhered to and implemented.
i. Raises periodic written reports to the University President.
j. Reports directly to the University President.
– Bachelor’s degree in Auditing, Accounting or Finance, Master’s Degree or CIA is a Plus
– Minimum 5 years of experience in internal audit position
– Attention to details and ability to work independently
– Proven experience in forensic accounting, auditing, or financial investigation.
– Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and auditing standards.
– Proficiency in data analysis and forensic accounting software/tools.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an acute attention to detail.
– Excellent communication and report writing abilities.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with integrity in sensitive situations.
– Strong teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- if interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org